Dhal Curry with Spinach and Petits Pois
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 15-20 minutes
1 medium onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
2cm fresh ginger, peeled and finely chopped
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 tablespoon medium curry powder
100g Green Isle Baby Carrots
100g Green Isle Petits Pois
2 x 400g tins of green lentils, drained
100g Green Isle Spinach
Salt and pepper
4 fresh tomatoes, deseeded and chopped (optional)
To serve: rice or naan bread
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and sauté the onion, garlic and ginger for 2-3 minutes on a medium heat.
- Reduce the heat and add in the curry powder and frozen vegetables.
- Stir for 2-3 minutes until the vegetables start to thaw then add the drained lentils.
- Season well with salt and pepper; add a splash of water if necessary and simmer gently for another 5 minutes.
- Finally add the spinach, cover and cook for further 5 minutes until the spinach has cooked into the mixture.
- Remove the lid, add the fresh tomatoes and give the dhal another couple of minutes before serving with rice or naan bread.