Broccoli & Mushroom Pasta
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 leek, sliced
2 garlic cloves, crushed
500ml vegetable stock
Freshly ground black pepper & sea salt
200g cottage cheese
50g Parmesan cheese
150g mushrooms, sliced
250g Green Isle Broccoli
Squeeze in some lemon juice
320g penne pasta
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large saucepan and gently fry the leek and garlic for 5 minutes.
- Add the vegetable stock and season with pepper and salt and continue to cook over a moderate heat for a few minutes, before stirring in the cottage cheese and the Parmesan cheese.
- Mix all the ingredients together in a blender and set aside.
- Heat the remaining oil in the saucepan and gently cook the mushrooms for a few minutes before adding in the blended ingredients.
- Increase the heat and then add in the Green Isle Broccoli, squeeze in some lemon juice, cover and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile cook the pasta separately and mix in when ready.
- Serve with some freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
Cooking for 2:
Complete the recipe to the sauce stage, freeze half and then continue with half of the remaining ingredients.