Prep Time 5-10 minutes
Cook Time 25-30 minutes
40g plain flour
1 teaspoon of Dijon mustard
Salt and pepper
100g mature cheddar, grated
450g Green Isle Cauliflower
30g breadcrumbs (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 200oC/gas 6
- In a saucepan, melt the butter then add the flour stirring together to form a paste. Gradually add the milk, whisking until smooth.
- Cook gently for 5-7 minutes until thickened then add the mustard and season well. Remove from the heat and add in 50g of the cheddar, stirring until melted.
- Tumble the cauliflower into a buttered gratin dish and pour over the sauce. Mix the rest of the grated cheese with the breadcrumbs if using and sprinkle over the top.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for 40-45 minutes until bubbling and golden.